Monday, October 6, 2008

Fall Decorating


I have finally finished decorating my mantle! I thought with the way prices have been sky high lately, I would not be able to decorate for fall this year. But lucky for me, Michael's craft store has a wide variety of fall items that are up to 50% off.
Plus I used some twigs, vines and pomegranates from my yard that helped my budget. I love doing seasonal decorating. My husband and children seem to appreciate it too. I think it makes the home more exciting and homey for the family.
I also made a wreath for under $10. And with using fall decor picks, it made the project quick and easy. I had the wreath made in under ten minutes.


We are renting right now, so most things do not go together because I can not do to the home as if it were mine, so I try to overlook the hodge podge of things and do the best I can.
















I know the angel picture
needs replaced. I have been thinking of leaning a frameless, beveled mirror on the mantle. If anyone has any ideas of what else I could do on a budget, let me know!
Happy Autumn!







1 comment:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Your Autumn decorating is simply beautiful. Great job!
Blessings to you!
Kim