Friday, October 17, 2008

God is Good

When we get up every morning, do we thank God for another day that he has given us? Or do we just go about our business and more or less take everything for granted? Yesterday I was thanking God for him holding my husband in his palms. On his way to work yesterday the fog was thick and left the visibility low, and just over the hill a man had lost control of his car trying to avoid a stopped car and directly hit my husband in the front. The truck will have to be totaled. But my husband and the man from the other car stepped out alive, and God gave my husband presence of mind to direct traffic before anyone else became hurt. So hold your loved ones close, never take them for granted and thank God for each new day he gives us as he has given my husband another day with his wife and his children.




4 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh God bless you my friend! Life is so fragile. I pray over my husband the minute he walks out this door. I definitely don't take each day for granted. I am so glad you husband is okay!
Hugs.
Kim

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Hey look I'm commenting again lol. I have an award for you over at my blog. Come and get it!
Hugs.
Kim

Andrew Clarke said...

I know what you mean. My wife and I start each day with prayer for our children and family. Not long ago our second eldest son was hit by a car while crossing a street, but largely unhurt, for which we thank God - literally.

Andrew Clarke said...

I forgot to ask before, because your post made me think of other things. If you like reading Christian fiction, may I suggest one to try? "Outcasts Of Skagaray" can be previewed by reading sample chapters and reviews on www.threeswans.com.au Whatever happens, I greet you in the Lord.